Skip to main content

Sesame Seed Oil


Did you know that those little sesame seeds that most people attempt to pick off of their hamburger buns are actually a great beauty secret?

The oil extracted from sesame seeds are rich in omega-3, omega-6, and omega-9 fatty acids as well as some very powerful antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. These ingredients all make sesame seed oil very beneficial to our hair and skin.


Sesame seed oil acts as an antibacterial so many people use it to treat oral infections or sore throats, but these antibacterial properties can also clear up acne. And, the minerals in the oil are a godsend for anyone that suffers from chronic dandruff or other scalp conditions. It can also be used to help with minor injuries like bruises, dry skin or cuts. The vitamins and antioxidants help the healing process and prevent scarring.


In just one use I was able to see a difference in my skin and hair! I took roughly three caps full of the oil and warmed it in the microwave for a few seconds. I dripped the oil on to my hair from roots to tip by parting my hair and allowing it to reach my scalp. After applying it to my whole head I waited only around 15 minutes and washed it out. Instantly my hair seemed fuller, shinier, and extremely soft. There was no oily residue left over. It was very easy to rinse out unlike coconut oil or castor oil, and my dry scalp was non-existent.


I also applied a very small amount to a cut on my arm and about a cap-full on my face. I was very nervous applying oil to my face, because just the day before I started to break out and I did not want more clogged pores. But, it worked amazingly! Just a 10-15 minute wait before rinsing my face and arm and I could already notice a difference. My skin was very soft to the touch and even looked a bit brighter. The next morning I woke up to a completely clear face and the cut decreased majorly in size and redness.


I definitely recommend using sesame seed oil for skin and hair benefits! You can find organic sesame seed oil at most health food stores – where it usually runs about $15-20 for a standard jar.




Popular posts from this blog

A Black and White Affair

“All this drama started with the Black and White party.” Shirt: c/o  Buffalo Exchange ;  Denim: Allsaints ( similar ) ;  Shoes: Zara;  Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters Photos by  Daniel Murillo

The South Knows Style

B eyond popular belief, there are many stylish people in the south .  The following southerners are not afraid of standing out and expressing themselves through fashion. These fashion leaders are made up of students, stylists, bloggers, musicians and artists. They are all beautiful and do an amazing job of representing the southern states. Kammie Pomeranian , Student (mintymix.com), New Orleans Rain Miller , Model/Fashion Enthusiast (www.rainmiller.com),  Orlando Hannah Grace , 17, Artist, New Orleans Nini Nguyen , 25, Stylist/Designer/Blogger (ninistyle.net), Dallas Rashad Minnick , 21, Student/Blogger (www.fashionablytardia.tumblr.com), Baton Rouge Elizabeth E. , Designer/Blogger (elegancebyelizabethkay.blogspot.com), New Orleans Joseph M. , !6, Corpus Christi Lee Brooks , 21, (followhislead.tumblr.com), Hattiesburg Matthew Hoss , 19, (jackandjillwent.tumblr.com), Texas Michael Woodall , 19, Student (kovits.tumblr.com), Atlanta ...

My Year in Outfits: 2016