Skip to main content

I've Been Feeling a Little Flat

Ah, the flat lay image... All the cool kids are doing it. It's so simple, and yet such an effective way to display all your favorite belongings. I can't lie. I'm a sucker for a good flat lay.

Just the other week, I returned home after a long day at work, tossed my belongings on the floor, threw my coat over a chair and dived into bed for a nap. When I awoke I realized my pile of junk actually looked kind of cool. A few small tweaks, and... holy shit! It's a flat lay! Which soon lead to a few more flat lays and eventually inspired this "what's in my bag" post.


Clinique Anti-Fatigue Eye Gel, Nordstrom, $29; ChapStick Original, CVS, $1.99; Commodity Fitting Kit, $24 - $108
Vintage Eel Skin Wallet, similar, $22.95; Leather key chain, similar, $44
Pocket Datebook, Barneys.com, $45

Popular posts from this blog

A Black and White Affair

“All this drama started with the Black and White party.” Shirt: c/o  Buffalo Exchange ;  Denim: Allsaints ( similar ) ;  Shoes: Zara;  Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters Photos by  Daniel Murillo

The South Knows Style

B eyond popular belief, there are many stylish people in the south .  The following southerners are not afraid of standing out and expressing themselves through fashion. These fashion leaders are made up of students, stylists, bloggers, musicians and artists. They are all beautiful and do an amazing job of representing the southern states. Kammie Pomeranian , Student (mintymix.com), New Orleans Rain Miller , Model/Fashion Enthusiast (www.rainmiller.com),  Orlando Hannah Grace , 17, Artist, New Orleans Nini Nguyen , 25, Stylist/Designer/Blogger (ninistyle.net), Dallas Rashad Minnick , 21, Student/Blogger (www.fashionablytardia.tumblr.com), Baton Rouge Elizabeth E. , Designer/Blogger (elegancebyelizabethkay.blogspot.com), New Orleans Joseph M. , !6, Corpus Christi Lee Brooks , 21, (followhislead.tumblr.com), Hattiesburg Matthew Hoss , 19, (jackandjillwent.tumblr.com), Texas Michael Woodall , 19, Student (kovits.tumblr.com), Atlanta ...

My Year in Outfits: 2016