Skip to main content

Hell's a mild climate. This is Hell's Kitchen.


Recently, I made a year living in Hell’s Kitchen. In just twelve short months I have completely fallen in love. It’s safe to say I wasn’t always sure it would be a fit for me. But, it turns out that Hell’s Kitchen is quite incredible. There are so many amazing people and places within these 25 blocks. The vibe is energetic and exciting, with all the usual perks of living in Manhattan, but still seems familiar. HK made me feel spoiled and realistic all at the same time.

Sadly, I will be leaving The Kitchen very soon. Sometimes we have to make hard decisions, and I chose a path that I think will better me in the long run (and where I’m not paying like 2K for a tiny studio). But, before I pack up and leave –  I decided to have one last walk down 45th, across the Empire Connection trench, to the Hudson – wearing an outfit inspired by HK herself: A light linen shirt, sporty athletic pants (with incredible zipper details), and a pair of kick-ass boots. Oh, and my now (in)famous black cap.

It’s funny, when I announced to my friends my plans to move, their reactions were all the same: You can’t leave HK – you’re like the neighborhood spokesperson. You are Hell’s Kitchen. And baby, I will always be.




Wearing: Shirt - Linder; Pants - Linder; Boots – Dr. Scholls Shoes; Hat  - Tagg

Popular posts from this blog

A Black and White Affair

“All this drama started with the Black and White party.” Shirt: c/o  Buffalo Exchange ;  Denim: Allsaints ( similar ) ;  Shoes: Zara;  Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters Photos by  Daniel Murillo

The South Knows Style

B eyond popular belief, there are many stylish people in the south .  The following southerners are not afraid of standing out and expressing themselves through fashion. These fashion leaders are made up of students, stylists, bloggers, musicians and artists. They are all beautiful and do an amazing job of representing the southern states. Kammie Pomeranian , Student (mintymix.com), New Orleans Rain Miller , Model/Fashion Enthusiast (www.rainmiller.com),  Orlando Hannah Grace , 17, Artist, New Orleans Nini Nguyen , 25, Stylist/Designer/Blogger (ninistyle.net), Dallas Rashad Minnick , 21, Student/Blogger (www.fashionablytardia.tumblr.com), Baton Rouge Elizabeth E. , Designer/Blogger (elegancebyelizabethkay.blogspot.com), New Orleans Joseph M. , !6, Corpus Christi Lee Brooks , 21, (followhislead.tumblr.com), Hattiesburg Matthew Hoss , 19, (jackandjillwent.tumblr.com), Texas Michael Woodall , 19, Student (kovits.tumblr.com), Atlanta ...

My Year in Outfits: 2016