Skip to main content

Hatters Gonna Hat

Photos by Steve Hammond



If you've been following me on Instagram lately you may have noticed I've received a little bite from the travel bug. Along with my end-of-summer road trip, I decided to make a stop in my home town of New Orleans, Louisiana. I personally can't have a New Orleans visit without a stroll down my favorite street in the French Quarter, Rue de Royal!

Knowing New York Fashion Week and the change of the seasons is right around the corner, I thought this would be a perfect time to pop into my favorite Goorin Bros. location to grab a new hat. This amazing shop is in a 19th century townhouse nestled between Royal street's famous antique shops and art galleries. It's a must see shop when you're shopping in the French Quarter.

It's no surprise that I had the toughest time selecting a hat to take home with me because each hat was incredible. Thank goodness for the Goorin Bros.'s shopkeeper and her team. They were rockstars! The whole experience was awesome. Each member took the time to listen to my wants and needs, made sure each hat fit properly, and helped me narrow down my selection. I definitely would have felt overwhelmed if it wasn't for them, because honestly I just wanted everything (haha)!

I finally came to a conclusion after trying on a handful of autumn/transitional hats. I decided to go with a deep green, rugged outdoorsy hat. Not only does it just look awesome on, but there was something about the thought of wearing this wide-brimmed beauty while strutting about NYC that sealed the deal. Very "Urban Jungle" - as one of the team members pointed out. We were obviously on the same page. ;) It's also water/snow resistant so I won't have to retire it once it starts snowing in the city. It's so versatile, practical and stylish. It's such a great statement accessory, especially when the leather band and quill pin were added.

Can't thank these guys enough for such an amazing experience and the sick hat!



Photos courtesy of Steve Hammond; Follow Steve on Facebook & Instagram!

Popular posts from this blog

A Black and White Affair

“All this drama started with the Black and White party.” Shirt: c/o  Buffalo Exchange ;  Denim: Allsaints ( similar ) ;  Shoes: Zara;  Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters Photos by  Daniel Murillo

The South Knows Style

B eyond popular belief, there are many stylish people in the south .  The following southerners are not afraid of standing out and expressing themselves through fashion. These fashion leaders are made up of students, stylists, bloggers, musicians and artists. They are all beautiful and do an amazing job of representing the southern states. Kammie Pomeranian , Student (mintymix.com), New Orleans Rain Miller , Model/Fashion Enthusiast (www.rainmiller.com),  Orlando Hannah Grace , 17, Artist, New Orleans Nini Nguyen , 25, Stylist/Designer/Blogger (ninistyle.net), Dallas Rashad Minnick , 21, Student/Blogger (www.fashionablytardia.tumblr.com), Baton Rouge Elizabeth E. , Designer/Blogger (elegancebyelizabethkay.blogspot.com), New Orleans Joseph M. , !6, Corpus Christi Lee Brooks , 21, (followhislead.tumblr.com), Hattiesburg Matthew Hoss , 19, (jackandjillwent.tumblr.com), Texas Michael Woodall , 19, Student (kovits.tumblr.com), Atlanta ...

My Year in Outfits: 2016