Skip to main content

Let's In-VEST-igate...


Oh autumn... How I love you and how much fun I have dressing for you. It's such a cool experience, piling on all these fun layers. Trying new arrangements of shirts, sweaters, outerwear, etc. that have been lying dormant in the deepest, darkest depths of my closet. Or, even adding a fun new item to the mix and pairing with past season's favorites to create a fresh look.

This year I opted for a new layer to add to my fall collection that was a bit unexpected for myself: a padded vest. It was like something snapped in my brain. I just woke up one morning and said to myself, hey you know what you're missing. A puffy vest. Random... I thought to myself. That may be a little too L. L. Bean for me. No. This is like the it piece for the season. Just listen to me. All the guys will be wearing it and you will feel left out like a fucking loser. Hey! Language! Jeeze... Okay. I'll try the vest.

Naturally, not knowing how I will actually feel about the vest, I snagged one from H&M. It seemed smarter to reach for an affordable brand rather than an investment piece, because I was only testing the waters of this trend. Well, what do you know! I was right. Not only is everyone and their dad walking about Manhattan in puffy vests, but I actually fell in love with mine! It's cozy and fun. Behind my awesome shades from Etalon by Steve Canar, I believe it may be my favorite Fall 2015 item.





Wearing: Sunglasses - Etalon by Steve Canar; Shirt - Scotch and Soda; Sweater - IZOD; Vest - H&M; Denim - Big Star; Shoes - Dr. Scholls



Photos by Joel Cas

Popular posts from this blog

A Black and White Affair

“All this drama started with the Black and White party.” Shirt: c/o  Buffalo Exchange ;  Denim: Allsaints ( similar ) ;  Shoes: Zara;  Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters Photos by  Daniel Murillo

The South Knows Style

B eyond popular belief, there are many stylish people in the south .  The following southerners are not afraid of standing out and expressing themselves through fashion. These fashion leaders are made up of students, stylists, bloggers, musicians and artists. They are all beautiful and do an amazing job of representing the southern states. Kammie Pomeranian , Student (mintymix.com), New Orleans Rain Miller , Model/Fashion Enthusiast (www.rainmiller.com),  Orlando Hannah Grace , 17, Artist, New Orleans Nini Nguyen , 25, Stylist/Designer/Blogger (ninistyle.net), Dallas Rashad Minnick , 21, Student/Blogger (www.fashionablytardia.tumblr.com), Baton Rouge Elizabeth E. , Designer/Blogger (elegancebyelizabethkay.blogspot.com), New Orleans Joseph M. , !6, Corpus Christi Lee Brooks , 21, (followhislead.tumblr.com), Hattiesburg Matthew Hoss , 19, (jackandjillwent.tumblr.com), Texas Michael Woodall , 19, Student (kovits.tumblr.com), Atlanta ...

My Year in Outfits: 2016