Skip to main content

Innocence


(Photos by Joel Cas) There's this quote by Yoko Ono (You know me - I'm a sucker for a good quote). She had broken down our state of reflection for each season and said that when springtime passes "one remembers one's innocence." Summer is exuberance; Autumn is reverence; Winter, Perseverance. At the turn of every season I think of this quote. I love it. I love picturing each season as a new chapter, new goal, new focus, new theme. Winter ends and spring sprouts through the dampened ground, blossoming. A fresh start. As Yoko says, a reflection of innocence when we were anew - just as the season is.

As always, my go to medium for expressing my ideas is style. I pull my favorite color palette of the season, pale pinks and light blues, and build an outfit inspired by springtime and innocence. Simple, fun, and youthful. Shot on the ground of an East Village park - jogging memories of childhood, when sitting on the earth wasn't just acceptable; It was enjoyable. I have to say it felt, maybe a bit naive, but mostly freeing.  








Jacket, Shirt, Denim - Forever 21; Shoes - Nike


All photos by Joel Cas

Popular posts from this blog

A Black and White Affair

“All this drama started with the Black and White party.” Shirt: c/o  Buffalo Exchange ;  Denim: Allsaints ( similar ) ;  Shoes: Zara;  Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters Photos by  Daniel Murillo

The South Knows Style

B eyond popular belief, there are many stylish people in the south .  The following southerners are not afraid of standing out and expressing themselves through fashion. These fashion leaders are made up of students, stylists, bloggers, musicians and artists. They are all beautiful and do an amazing job of representing the southern states. Kammie Pomeranian , Student (mintymix.com), New Orleans Rain Miller , Model/Fashion Enthusiast (www.rainmiller.com),  Orlando Hannah Grace , 17, Artist, New Orleans Nini Nguyen , 25, Stylist/Designer/Blogger (ninistyle.net), Dallas Rashad Minnick , 21, Student/Blogger (www.fashionablytardia.tumblr.com), Baton Rouge Elizabeth E. , Designer/Blogger (elegancebyelizabethkay.blogspot.com), New Orleans Joseph M. , !6, Corpus Christi Lee Brooks , 21, (followhislead.tumblr.com), Hattiesburg Matthew Hoss , 19, (jackandjillwent.tumblr.com), Texas Michael Woodall , 19, Student (kovits.tumblr.com), Atlanta ...

My Year in Outfits: 2016