Skip to main content

Take Me to Miami


Last year - as most of you know - I ended my summer with a bang, traveling with my best friends on a road trip from New Orleans to Marfa, Texas. The trip was memorable to say the least (and so were the Snapchat stories). Well, this year I've decided to begin my summer with a bang - with a weekend getaway to the one and only Magic City, Miami.

This year has already been one of the craziest so far, and it's only beginning. So a vacation is definitely much needed. Especially this one, where I will be joined by my two best friends. Nothing grounds you and also awakens you like getting away, and reuniting with true friends.  On this trip I hope we three will not only grow closer together, but also that I'm reminded of my true self- the person I was, am today, and supposed to be... As well as get really effin' tan and drink way too many mojitos!

Here is a few of my must-haves for a Miami beach trip:

1. Shades are essential. More so, these beautiful Ray Bans are.

2. Disposable camera, obviously. Because it's my thing.

3. I love John Varvatos fragrances! This one is perfect for summer. It's perfect for the beach. It's perfect for Miami.

4. Sandals are a no-brainer for a beach trip, and these Ipanema's are a classic.

5. Baxter's Hydro Salve Lip Balm is the bomb - and certainly a must when spending a lot of time in the sun. Cracked lips? Not sexy.

6. Baxter's Beach Soap smells incredible. The whole "Atlantic" thing was definitely too hard to pass up.

7. Mr. Turk swimming briefs. Need I say more?

8. We can't lay out in the sun without sunscreen. This Kiehl's Facial Fuel is the perfect additional to our UV protection routine. Sunburn? Wrinkles? Both, also not sexy.


Party in the city where the heat is on.
All night, on the beach till the break of dawn.

Popular posts from this blog

A Black and White Affair

“All this drama started with the Black and White party.” Shirt: c/o  Buffalo Exchange ;  Denim: Allsaints ( similar ) ;  Shoes: Zara;  Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters Photos by  Daniel Murillo

The South Knows Style

B eyond popular belief, there are many stylish people in the south .  The following southerners are not afraid of standing out and expressing themselves through fashion. These fashion leaders are made up of students, stylists, bloggers, musicians and artists. They are all beautiful and do an amazing job of representing the southern states. Kammie Pomeranian , Student (mintymix.com), New Orleans Rain Miller , Model/Fashion Enthusiast (www.rainmiller.com),  Orlando Hannah Grace , 17, Artist, New Orleans Nini Nguyen , 25, Stylist/Designer/Blogger (ninistyle.net), Dallas Rashad Minnick , 21, Student/Blogger (www.fashionablytardia.tumblr.com), Baton Rouge Elizabeth E. , Designer/Blogger (elegancebyelizabethkay.blogspot.com), New Orleans Joseph M. , !6, Corpus Christi Lee Brooks , 21, (followhislead.tumblr.com), Hattiesburg Matthew Hoss , 19, (jackandjillwent.tumblr.com), Texas Michael Woodall , 19, Student (kovits.tumblr.com), Atlanta ...

My Year in Outfits: 2016