Skip to main content

Summer on the Bayou


I love weekend getaways. They're the best. Nothing too overwhelming, just a little escape from monotony. This past weekend I was able to sneak away from Manhattan for a visit to my home state of Louisiana. It was an exciting, yet relaxing stay. I was able to enjoy the quiet, explore Southern Louisiana a bit, drive a motor boat (which I loved - even if it was for just a few minute), race kayaks, and most importantly - see my incredible, beautiful family!

With my handy, dandy disposable camera in tow and my new favorite bag from Will Leather Goods filled to the brim with clothing fit for the southern heat and humidity, I think I was able to capture the amazing feeling of my bayou country escape - warm, calming, and almost dream-like.










Wearing: Bag - c/o Will Leather Goods; Shirt - H&M (similar); Shorts - c/o Nautica; 
Bandana - Urban Outfitters;
Shoes - c/o BNVVT


Popular posts from this blog

A Black and White Affair

“All this drama started with the Black and White party.” Shirt: c/o  Buffalo Exchange ;  Denim: Allsaints ( similar ) ;  Shoes: Zara;  Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters Photos by  Daniel Murillo

The South Knows Style

B eyond popular belief, there are many stylish people in the south .  The following southerners are not afraid of standing out and expressing themselves through fashion. These fashion leaders are made up of students, stylists, bloggers, musicians and artists. They are all beautiful and do an amazing job of representing the southern states. Kammie Pomeranian , Student (mintymix.com), New Orleans Rain Miller , Model/Fashion Enthusiast (www.rainmiller.com),  Orlando Hannah Grace , 17, Artist, New Orleans Nini Nguyen , 25, Stylist/Designer/Blogger (ninistyle.net), Dallas Rashad Minnick , 21, Student/Blogger (www.fashionablytardia.tumblr.com), Baton Rouge Elizabeth E. , Designer/Blogger (elegancebyelizabethkay.blogspot.com), New Orleans Joseph M. , !6, Corpus Christi Lee Brooks , 21, (followhislead.tumblr.com), Hattiesburg Matthew Hoss , 19, (jackandjillwent.tumblr.com), Texas Michael Woodall , 19, Student (kovits.tumblr.com), Atlanta ...

My Year in Outfits: 2016