Skip to main content

How I Wear Dark Colors During Spring


Did that title say... *gasp* dark colors... for spring!? Unthinkable!

Styling black and other dark colors can be a daunting task for the springtime - especially during the day. But I'm a firm believing in being your true self, and expressing your personality through style however you want to. And even though doing so may often break a few "fashion rules" it's all about how you feel in your clothes.

Black is my favorite color to wear (and I think it goes well with my new short, blonde hairstyle), so even though I love wearing bold colorful pieces during spring and summer, I can never fully ignore the darker color pieces in my wardrobe. 

When building a darker daytime look, I usually opt for shorter sleeves, and more comfy fabrics. But for me, the key is balancing the dark color with lighter accessories - like these awesome (and super comfy and stylish) casual, knit sneakers by Dockers. The light and neutral color of the shoes bring us back to spring time.






Shirt, Pants, Shoes: Dockers


Photos by Tyler Mills

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Black and White Affair

“All this drama started with the Black and White party.” Shirt: c/o  Buffalo Exchange ;  Denim: Allsaints ( similar ) ;  Shoes: Zara;  Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters Photos by  Daniel Murillo

The South Knows Style

B eyond popular belief, there are many stylish people in the south .  The following southerners are not afraid of standing out and expressing themselves through fashion. These fashion leaders are made up of students, stylists, bloggers, musicians and artists. They are all beautiful and do an amazing job of representing the southern states. Kammie Pomeranian , Student (mintymix.com), New Orleans Rain Miller , Model/Fashion Enthusiast (www.rainmiller.com),  Orlando Hannah Grace , 17, Artist, New Orleans Nini Nguyen , 25, Stylist/Designer/Blogger (ninistyle.net), Dallas Rashad Minnick , 21, Student/Blogger (www.fashionablytardia.tumblr.com), Baton Rouge Elizabeth E. , Designer/Blogger (elegancebyelizabethkay.blogspot.com), New Orleans Joseph M. , !6, Corpus Christi Lee Brooks , 21, (followhislead.tumblr.com), Hattiesburg Matthew Hoss , 19, (jackandjillwent.tumblr.com), Texas Michael Woodall , 19, Student (kovits.tumblr.com), Atlanta ...

My Year in Outfits: 2016