Thank you Amazon for sponsoring this post. Be sure to pick up your own Fire HD 8 tablet for your next adventure!
Summertime equals travel.
At least for me it does! It’s the time of year where I tend to book most of my vacations and getaways. And with friends and family all over the country (and world) I’m never short of reasons to travel: Danny’s in school in Las Vegas for another year or so; My best friends are now living in Florida, Texas, New York, and Louisiana; My family is mainly stationed in the New Orleans area. And with Danny’s final years in med school – he has a bit of traveling planned for himself that I’ll be hopefully tagging along for. I also have a trip to Paris planned as a little birthday present to myself later this summer!
It’s safe to say I have a very exciting summer ahead of me. And if summertime equals travel, travel equals a lot of time spent in the airport and on planes. But unlike most people I know, I love airports and long plane rides, especially when I’m traveling alone. It’s like the best reason in the world to have a little “me time.” That’s exactly why this summer I’m spending my travel time with my new Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet!
The Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet is perfect for traveling. It keeps me entertained and relaxed during layovers and long flights, and it is the perfect sidekick for downtime on vacations. When traveling I love setting aside time between sightseeing for hanging out by the pool or in my comfy hotel bed and just reading a good book. It’s so relaxing. And I love reading! I have shared with you guys previously that my goal for this year is to read at least one book a month, despite my busy schedule. The Fire HD 8 tablet has helped me continue my love for reading – and has made it super easy to do so.
The Fire HD 8’s design is so sleek and cool. I love its stunning 8” high definition display with over 1 million pixels—perfect for not just reading books but also watching movies and TV shows, playing games and more. I love downloading my favorite movies and TV shows from Prime Video before a trip. And there’s tons of storage, so you can make sure you’re set for an entire flight! The Fire HD 8 tablet comes with 16 GB of internal storage and supports up to 400 GB more via a microSD card. And the tablet lasts up to 10 hours on one battery charge – so no need to stop and charge mid-flight.
I also love all the awesome features. If you are in a hurry to the airport (like I often am), and forget to download something to watch – On Deck will be one of your favorite features. It offers a selection of shows already downloaded and ready for you to enjoy while offline. Whispersync is also a really cool feature I love. It remembers how much you’ve watched, read, or listened to so you can pick up right where you left off. So, if you’re reading a book on the plane, but want to switch to the Audible version at the pool, the transition will be seamless.
I’ve always been an Amazon Prime fanatic. But the Fire HD 8 and Prime are incredible together. I love having so many movies and shows at my fingertips. Prime members can enjoy award-winning movies and TV shows on Prime Video, more than 2 million songs and with Prime Music, unlimited access to more than 1,000 books and magazines with Prime Reading, and storage for an unlimited number of photos on Amazon Photos.
And because I never truly stop working - even when traveling (welcome to life as a business owner) – I love that I’m able to check emails, browse the internet, and even video chat while using my tablet. Yeah, I said video chat. The Fire HD 8 tablet has an HD 720p front-facing camera for video chatting, plus a 2MP rear-facing camera for taking photos of your travels that you can save for later using free, unlimited cloud storage.
I’ve had a blast traveling with my Amazon Fire HD 8! And I’m so excited for the next of many trips this summer. Stay tuned here on the blog and to my social channels to follow along.






Comments
Post a Comment